CNC retrofit control system for milling machines and routers.
Now with Windows 7 OS and solid state hard drive, touch screen available.
POWERFUL CONTROL WITH USER-FRIENDLY OPERATION
- Cut parts the first day with CENTROID’s straight-forward operation.
- Machine parts not possible with other controls.
- Get more work through a machine with faster setups.
- Produce parts with a better surface finish.
- Spend less time programming and more time making chips.
- Bring in more work and bid on higher paying jobs.
USEFUL TOOLS FOR QUICKER JOB TURN AROUND.
- Stop and restart the job at any point.
- Stop, make any adjustments, and restart right where you left off.
- Toolpath Graphics show you the cutter path before & while running the job.
- On-the-fly override control of feeds and speeds.
- Useful Help Screens guide you through Setup and Programming.
- Large Color LCD display is easy to read.
- Run large part programs with no limitations.
- High Speed processing provides smooth machining, no gouging.
- Fast, smooth continuous tool motion, no hesitation or dwell.
DEDICATED CONTROL PANEL FOR ALL COMMON MILLING FUNCTIONS
- Clearly labeled controls for each axis and direction.
- Dedicated buttons for spindle and coolant controls.
- Spindle speed override and Feedrate override.
- Tool Check, Feed Hold, Cycle Start, Rapid override, Incremental and Continuous Jog, Single Block.
- Customize with Tool index +/-, Clamp/Unclamp, Vac on/off, & more.
- Extra auxiliary buttons are programmable for special applications.
- Fully sealed, coolant proof, long-lasting in shop environment.
- Tactile feedback, raised buttons with distinct action.
- Indicator lights show the selection made.
CONVERSATIONAL PROGRAMMING IS FAST AND EASY
- Program parts right at the control or offline with your desktop PC
- Convert geometry from DXF files to Centroid’s Intercon operations. Supports contouring, pocketing, framing, drilling, boring, tapping, & threading.
- Help screens for all the common milling cycles, just fill in the dimensions. Even lines and arcs are canned cycles.
- A graph of the part shows your work as you go. Graph at any point.
- Automatic pocket cleanout, Intercon auto creates the roughing and finish passes automatically.
- Fill in the blank programming.
USB PORTS FOR USE WITH ANY USB STORAGE DEVICE.
Quickly and easily load G code programs and DXF files into the control with a USB thumb drive. Downloading large G-code part programs generated from a CAD/CAM system is now fast and simple. The control automatically recognizes the USB thumb drive and a drive letter shows up on the load menu along with the built-in hard drive. You can even graph the G-code part programs directly from the USB thumb drive to identify the program you want before downloading into the control! USB drive support is a standard feature. Ethernet LAN connection, and MPG connector are also standard features of the M400 CNC control.
TRUE SIMULTANEOUS 5 AXIS CNC MACHINING.
CENTROID High speed 5-axis machining centers are now available. Bostomatic style with modern day improvements. Fast, Smooth, consistent 5-axis motion. Great for medical, aerospace and any industry needing an affordable accurate made-in-usa 5-axis machining center that is easy to use. Complete packages available with training. X,Y,Z,A and B motion all at the same time or in any combination. 5 axis control systems are available separately for milling machines and CNC routers for new or retrofit applications.
AUTO TOOL CHANGER
The CENTROID CNC control can operate a wide variety and types of tool changers. Umbrella type to Swing arm — the Centroid provides fast repeatable tool changes. Automatic batch measurement is also available when used with our TT-1 Auto Tool Setter. Just highlight the tools you would like to measure and the batch feature will automatically retrieve, measure, and replace each tool automatically.
RIGID TAPPING, DEEP HOLE TAPPING AND THREADMILLING
With a Centroid you can make all kinds of threads.You can use Tapping, Rigid Tapping and Threadmilling, depending on your part, for the best result! Centroid’s advanced rigid tapping is simple to program and will both tap a hole in the regular way AND will also can use the deep hole cycle to make a thread. Deep hole tapping taps a hole much in the same way as you would by hand. It allows you to tap a much larger hole than the HP of your machine would normally allow!
DIGITIZING. TURN YOUR MILLING MACHINE INTO A COPY MACHINE.
Copy and Cut 2D and 3D shapes. Centroid’s affordable, effective Digitizing is the simplest CNC Digitizing on the market. Just record and play back. Do you have a 2D contour such as a CAM or a 3D part like a mold or plug? But no print? Let our Digitizing feature copy the part for you. Digitizing turns your milling machine into a copy machine. Centroid has overcome the cumbersome problems associated with Digitizing on other controls. With a Centroid, it’s actually one of the simplest features on the control to use. With our Digitizing feature you will be able to copy and reproduce an existing shape with little or no programming! No CAD/CAM necessary, however you can export the Digitizing information to a CAD/CAM system for further modification. It’s very popular for repairing cylinder head combustion chamber damage, copying cams, creating molds and plugs from existing objects and many other uses. Click here for more on Digitizing…
AUTO TOOL SET
Setup your tools in a quarter of the time it would normally take! If you often machine short run parts and are always setting up and tearing down for a new job, the TT-1 Auto tool set will save you tons of time, while more accurately setting your tool height offsets. With the TT-1 you can create more parts per hour since the tool set up is so much faster. You’ll even save time when you have to replace a dull tool with a new one in the middle of a job. The TT-1 is completely automatic. Press “measure” and the tool will automatically touch off the TT-1 and set the tool height offset in the tool library. See the TT-1 in action on our Video. The TT-1 plugs into the control.
FULLY SEALED, COOLANT-PROOF KEYBOARD OPTIONAL
With any CENTRIOID CNC control you can use a regular PC keyboard or our fully sealed unit. We found that about half our customers prefer a regular open-style PC keyboard and the other half prefer a sealed unit. The CENTROID sealed PC keyboard is liquid-proof and provides reliable and durable keyboard operation in a shop environment.Our keyboard is: fully sealed, coolant proof, long lasting in shop environment, has tactile feedback, and raised buttons with distinct action. Click here for more..
OEM CNC CONTROLS PACKAGES ARE READY TO INSTALL.
Not just a box of parts! Centroid’s CNC controls are the fastest and easiest to integrate onto a new machine. The controls arrive ready to install with the control panels pre-configured for your particular machine, saving hours — if not days — of installation time. PLC ladder logic is also preprogrammed for your particular machine. The M-400 is available with our affordable DC brush axis motors OR our new super powerful AC Brushless axis motors.
RETROFIT CNC KITS FOR LATHES AND TURNING CENTERS
Good iron? Obsolete control? Time for a Centroid Retrofit! Turn your Milling machine into a money maker with a modern Centroid CNC control. Our complete turnkey retrofit systems are prepared for your specific machine, making retrofit installation times much faster. Machining performance is better than new, programming is now faster and simpler, and maintenance costs are virtually eliminated. How much money per year are you spending to keep your old control alive? Don’t throw away your money when you could have a new reliable Centroid CNC installed (with training) for less than the cost to keep on an old CNC alive. The Centroid retrofit upgrade is also much less than the cost of buying new.Click here for more retrofit information.